New Zealand Certificate in Adult Tertiary Teaching
The New Zealand Certificate in Adult and Tertiary Teaching (Level 4, Credits 40), recognises expertise in adult education and training, and thereby contributes to the improvement of the foundation skills (literacy and numeracy) of adult learners in Aotearoa New Zealand.
This graduate outcomes based programme is designed for an adult and tertiary educator starting out on their adult education and training career.
Launch your career with learning and teaching strategies specifically for adult learners and as an added bonus gain an insight to the literacy and numeracy strategies.
Discover culturally appropriate resources, templates and assessment types to meet specific outcomes.
Explore how to plan and deliver quality learning sessions using the variety of learning and teaching strategies for adult learners.
People awarded the New Zealand Certificate in Adult and Tertiary Teaching will be able to:
- Design for learning to meet specified learning outcomes in a familiar context;
- Use learner-centred teaching strategies that respect learners’ mana and diverse backgrounds;
- Select and apply facilitation, teaching and learning strategies in familiar contexts, using resources and technologies to meet specific outcomes;
- Use assessment and moderation processes;
- Seek and respond to feedback from learners and other stakeholders to improve learner outcomes in candidate’s own context;
- Adult Literacy and Numeracy skills development in the Aotearoa New Zealand context;
- Understanding the Aotearoa New Zealand learning progressions for adult literacy and numeracy programme design and teaching;
- Identify and discuss a range of Māori and Pasifika perspectives that inform adult literacy and numeracy teaching.
- Attend online facilitated training workshops
You need to attend the scheduled training workshops.
- BYOD – Bring your own device
You need to have regular access to a device (computer or laptop) for online learning.
- Access to WIFI or internet
You need to have access to a reliable internet connection, preferrably high-speed, and/or a data plan to be able to support online learning.
- Practical knowledge of computers with basic file management and word processing skills
100% of the programme is online. Practical knowledge of computers and basic file management and word processing skills is highly recommended.
- Access to at least two adult learners
You need to have access to a minimum of two adult learners in a workplace, tertiary institute or community organisation.
The programme is delivered online mode for 2021.
34 week programme with 6 days compulsory and 1 day optional training workshops.
|ALN401: Introduction to Adult and Tertiary Teaching||ATT402: Applying Adult and Tertiary Teaching Approaches|
|First Block Course||Second Block Course|
Online Programme Delivery Dates
May delivery has been re-scheduled to the above dates (previously 4-5/05/2021).
July delivery is aligned with school holidays.
Graduate tutors of this programme will have the skills and knowledge for adult educator roles in workplace, tertiary institute or community settings with the ability to plan and implement literacy and numeracy within their programmes.
Graduate tutors of this programme may pathway to the Literacy Aotearoa programme, New Zealand Certificate in Adult Literacy and Numeracy Education (Vocational/Workplace) Level 5, cross crediting 20 credits.
Programme and Admin Fee
The programme is free for trainee tutors who hold New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency, or if you are an Australian citizen or a citizen of the Cook Islands, Niue or Tokelau.
You will need to pay a $25 non-refundable admin fee.
Statement of Commitment
Need help enrolling?
Contact us: email@example.com